Sunday, April 24, 2011

Red Velvet Rose Cake


Finally, I have conquered the layer cake. A few weeks ago I was looking for red velvet cupcake recipes, and stumbled upon this rose cake. I took it as a challenge.

I came home for Easter weekend and planned to do a lot of baking with my mom - and figured this was as good a time as any to experiment with a. another layer cake and b. frosting roses. My roses don't look nearly as great as the ones in the blog article that I found, but hey, it was my first try. And I'm not very artistic. (If you're going to try this, look at the number of roses Casey has on her cake - and try to use that same number and pattern. Also, I had a lot of extra frosting, so don't be shy when putting frosting between the cakes!)  Original recipe here




No comments:

Post a Comment