Sunday, April 17, 2011

Granola


After making the red velvet cupcakes (see below), I realized I needed to make more granola to bring to work. Granola is so simple to make I don't know why anyone buys it. I found this recipe on Tastespotting, obviously, and this was the second time I made it. I added some extra almonds than the recipe calls for, but otherwise followed all of the other ingredients. (NOTE: Remember to stir the granola, as it will burn!)

3 c old fashion oats
3/4 c sliced almonds (I used 1 cup)
1/4 c packed sweetened coconut
1/4 c packed dark brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
2 T butter, melted
1/8 c canola oil
1 t vanilla extract
1 T agave nectar (or more if you want it more sweet)
1 t of cinnamon
pinch of salt

Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.  Spread out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, stirring granola every few minutes to ensure an even toast throughout.

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment