Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Carving





I decided against baking for my company's Halloween Bake-Off today, and decided to carve pumpkins instead! I don't particularly enjoy being judged on my baking abilities, so I'd prefer to bake on my own time and bring in treats when I feel like it! The mummies and the ghosts I made over the past two weeks turned out pretty well, but wouldn't win the competition, so I'd rather save my time to get other things done, like running on this beautiful (?) October day. The streets are pretty wet/slushy after last night's snow storm, but I can't run after work any more as the sun is setting around 5 45, and getting earlier every day. Dave semi-helped with the carving...he was mostly there for moral support. I don't think I've carved a pumpkin since before high school, so I'm glad I finally got this done this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment