Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mummies!


In honor of my company's annual Halloween baking competition, I started practicing some halloween-y recipes. This is to make up for last year, where the "halloween-y-ness" of my creation was missed (it was a "surprise" in the middle of the cookie). I received full points for taste, but zero points for halloween-y-ness.

So, this was my first attempt at a new recipe for this year. These little guys are a bit tedious to make, and it's hard to make a perfect mummy. I may try this again next weekend for the competition, unless I find something else better. I used the dough that comes in a tube for Pillsbury Crescent rolls, which may not have been the best option. It's a little hard to roll out and shape, since it is supposed to be rolled out into a triangle. Also, I'm not convinced that I'll get top points for taste - these are certainly good (anything with Nutella in it is great in my book), but I wasn't blown away with the flavors. Anyway, this was a first try...I also made ghost meringues, which will be posted next!


See here for mummy-making instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment