Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ghost Meringues


Second attempt at a recipe for the Halloween Bake Off. These guys were (again) quite tedious to make, but so adorable!! I may make some of these again next weekend if I have the time. They taste just like regular, vanilla meringues. Only problem is that it's VERY hard to fill a pastry bag with meringue dough. It doesn't fall down into the bag with gravity like regular dough. Needless to say, I made a huge mess in my kitchen last night. Oh well.

These took about an hour and a half to dry out - I then left them in the oven overnight (with the oven off) as suggested in the recipe. They are now a little bit sticky, so I wouldn't suggest doing this. But, I would suggest making these for Halloween, if you have the time to deal with a pastry bag and lots of mini chocolate chips!


Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment