Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Birthday!

So, I turned 23 on Saturday. Was suffering a sinus infection (not diagnosed until yesterday), but was not about to cancel the party planned at my apartment for such nonsense. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any photos, but we had a great spread and I tried a few new recipes.

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp: simple and delicious.

Black Bean Hummus: a must-try; I left out the cilantro because the store was out of it, but it was great regardless. This recipe also makes a TON, so it was perfect for the party.

Creamy Dill Potato Salad: This was my first time making potato salad, and this recipe had a nice twist on a traditional potato salad. Note: this is spicy.

Moist Chocolate Cake: This was the cake that turned out to be an absolute disaster the first time I made it (see baking fail post). This time it still stuck to the pan a little bit, but the layers still turned out OK. I got a lot of compliments on it, though it wasn't as moist as the first time....

No comments:

Post a Comment