Friday, April 20, 2012

Cooking for one: hard boiled eggs
















This post is a bit late (obviously) but hey, I've been busy(?)

I've always wanted to make hard boiled eggs, but was under the impression that they were difficult to make. So finally, on Easter, my sister and I made hard boiled eggs ourselves (mostly my effort) so we could dye them. It does take a bit of time to make them (about 20 minutes) but they are great to have on hand especially since I don't really like to cook much for dinner when I get home from work. I made a large batch last Sunday, and had about two eggs each night with dinner, and it made getting protein with dinner pretty easy (you can only eat so many veggie burgers...). Definitely worthwhile for anyone who cooks for one.

I saw a few different variations on recipes, but this is what I did:

Add eggs to a large pot, and add enough water to cover the eggs.
Slowly bring water to a boil.
Allow water to boil for one minute, then remove heat.
Leave eggs in hot water for 12 minutes.
Submerge eggs in cold water to cool immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment