Saturday, December 3, 2011

Red Kuri Squash



Try. this. squash. I picked this up at the farmers' market at the beginning of November (and ate it then - this post was way delayed). I was poking around at the market and wanted to try something new - and thought this was worth a shot, since I love most kinds of squash. I tried delicata squash the week before, and didn't love it - but this one tastes a lot like butternut squash (which is my favorite), but it's easier to make (you don't have to peel the skin off and it's smaller, so easier to cut). Anyway, all I did was slice it in half, brush with olive oil, and bake it - and it was incredible. If you can find this, definitely try it!! (I think it took about 45 minutes - I took it out once it got wrinkly and tested for softness with a fork. It gets really tender. And you can eat the skin.)

No comments:

Post a Comment