Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ginger Molasses Cookies




IT'S COOKIE SEASON!!! I've been getting into the Christmas spirit this week, and I am especially excited for Christmas cookie season. I've seen a lot of houses with lights up already, and I walk past 2 different places selling Christmas trees when I walk to/from work (depending on which way I go). I love December/Christmas time - it's a good time to celebrate before the gloomy/wet months of January and February come along.

I have a lot of cookie recipes to come - as this blog was nonexistent during cookie season last year, I can post all of the recipes I use! This is definitely a favorite - and I have dough chilling in the fridge so I can make Chocolate Krinkles tomorrow!


1 1/2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar, pluc 1/2 cup for rolling
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cream butter and one cup sugar in a large bowl. (Easy method: melt the butter in the microwave and then mix in the sugar.) Add egg and molasses and beat until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves and stir until just combined.

Put the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll the cookie dough into tablespoon sized balls and roll in sugar. Place the balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are cracked and the centers are just set. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack (if you wish - no need for the wire rack step if you're lazy like me!).

Original recipe here 

No comments:

Post a Comment