Sunday, December 22, 2013

Brownie Cut-Out Cookies: Christmas Version















I posted this recipe before as a Valentine's Day cookie, and this year decided I would try these as a Christmas cookie. As stated in my last post: these are cookies that taste like brownies, and they are amazing. Last time around I didn't spend the time to do nice frosting - I mean, you already have to roll out the dough and cut out the shapes, so also having to decorate the cookies makes the whole process take a few hours.

However, I have never done serious cookie decorating, so I figured I would give it a shot. I followed the instructions on this website. It's not overly difficult - you just have to get the frosting to the right consistency, and then you outline the frosting on your shape and fill it in. (According to the instructions you are supposed to have one consistency for detailing and one for flooding - but I used the same consistency for the outlining and the flooding.) At the end of the day, though, this can take quite a bit of time and I don't really think it's worth it. So, I did it once and had the experience, but we'll see if I will actually do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment