Sunday, July 17, 2011

Poached Eggs



I'm the kind of girl who likes her eggs scrambled, and doesn't know much about any other way of cooking eggs....or what "sunny side up" means. However, when vacationing with the family in the Berkshires over the July 4th weekend, my dad found these little egg-poaching boats in a chef's store in Great Barrington. He bought them and gave them to me to use, and I was pretty sure I'd screw this up bigtime. But, these are really easy to use - all you have to do is oil the boat, put the egg in, and float it in boiling water for a few minutes. I only messed up when I scooped the eggs out and punctured one of the yolks. I still prefer my eggs scrambled, but I love new kitchen tools!

2 comments:

  1. Who knows, you might want to make an elegant brunch someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, maybe someday. It would take a while to make a bunch of these though!

    ReplyDelete